Baked Summer Squash Rounds
A crisp and savory Parmesan coating turns baked summer squash slices into appetizer crisps!
- 2 medium yellow summer squash or zucchini (about 1 lb. total)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup Kellogg’s Corn Flakes® cereal (crushed to 1/2 cup)*
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Cut squash into 1/4-inch-thick slices. In bowl toss slices with oil.
2. On piece of wax paper mix together KELLOGG’S CORN FLAKES cereal, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Roll zucchini slices in cereal mixture, gently pressing crumbs onto zucchini. Place, in single layer, on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately.
* Tip: Kellogg’s® Special K® Original cereal or Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal may be substituted for the Kellogg’s Corn Flakes® cereal.