Cherry Pear Upside Down Coffeecake
Served upside down, this easy-to-prepare coffeecake is topped with canned pears and cherry pie filling.
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canned pears, drained, chopped
- 2/3 cup tart cherry pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
1. Combine Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal, brown sugar, nuts, the 1 tablespoons melted margarine and cinnamon until thoroughly mixed. Sprinkle about 3 cups of cereal mixture over bottom of 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Set remaining cereal aside for topping.
2. Place pears evenly over cereal mixture in pan. Dot with cherry filling. Set aside.
3. In mixing bowl, mix together biscuit mix, granulated sugar, the remaining 1 tablespoon margarine, egg and milk until combined. Spread evenly over cereal-fruit mixture in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cereal topping mixture.
4. Bake at 350° F about 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting on serving plate. Serve warm.