Corn Crisped Salmon Croquettes
Traditionally croquettes are deep-fat fried until they're crisp and brown. We get the same wonderful, crisp and brown exterior by drizzling them with butter and baking them.
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs
- or 6 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- 1 can (15 1/2 oz.) salmon, drained, skinned, boned and flaked
- 1 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1/4 cup pickle relish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1. In medium mixing bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of the Kellogg's Corn Flakes Crumbs, salmon, 1/2 cup of the milk, relish, celery and onion. Portion and shape mixture into 10 balls or cones.
2. Dip balls in the remaining 1/2 cup milk. Coat with the remaining 1 cup Crumbs. Place in single layer in shallow baking pan. Do not crowd. Drizzle with melted margarine.
3. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with a creamed vegetable sauce, if desired.