Corn Flake Crumbs Muffins
The great flavor of Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal saturates these tender muffins.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal, milk, egg and shortening. Beat well.
4. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into nine 2 1/2 inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray..
5. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Bacon: Stir 1/4 cup crumbled crisp bacon (2-3 slices) into cereal mixture before flour mixture is added.
Blueberry: Add 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, washed and drained, with flour mixture..
Cheese: Stir 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese into cereal mixture before flour mixture is added.
Date: Add 3/4 cup finely cut, pitted dates with flour mixture.
Orange Marmalade: Press 1 teaspoon orange marmalade lightly into top of each muffin before baking.
Pecan: Add 3/4 cup chopped pecans with flour mixture.
Pruffins: Press pitted prune into top of each muffin before baking.