Cranberry Tea Cake
This is the quintessential coffee cake--an extraordinary crispy Kellogg's Corn Flakes® topping overlays a piquantly tart cranberry layer in a tender cake.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 egg well beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- 3/4 cup canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and granulated sugar. Using pastry blender, cut in the 1/4 cup margarine until mixture is crumbly.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine egg and milk. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Fold in 1 cup of the Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal. Spread batter in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan or 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon cranberry sauce evenly over batter.
3. Mix the remaining margarine, brown sugar and remaining 1/2 cup cereal. Sprinkle over cranberry sauce.
4. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Serve warm.