Creamy Broccoli-Cauliflower Casserole
Colorful red bell pepper brightens the mix of broccoli and cauliflower in this creamy casserole.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (8 oz.) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook broccoli, cauliflower and bell pepper in enough boiling salted water to cover for 4 minutes. Drain. Arrange in 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
2. In small saucepan cook onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, basil, lemon pepper and salt. Add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Pour over vegetables in dish.
3. Sprinkle KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal and Parmesan cheese over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Make Ahead: Prepare casserole as above. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Bake, uncovered at 350°F about 35 minutes or until heated through.