Creamy Cheese Pie
A crust made with cinnamon and Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal encloses the cheesecake-like filling of this pie.
- 3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 packages (8oz. each) light cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (21 oz.) tart cherry pie filling
1. Combine Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal, margarine, the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Press and arrange mixture evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pie pan. Set aside. 2. In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice, mixing until well combined and smooth. Pour mixture into crust.
3. Bake at 375° F about 20 minutes or until center is set.
4. While pie is baking, stir together sour cream and the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Remove pie from oven. Spread sour cream mixture over top. Return to oven. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool completely.
5. Stir together cherry pie filling and the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Spread over top of cooled pie. Chill thoroughly. Serve cold. Store in refrigerator.