Dates, coconut, pecans and cereal pack abundant flavor into these meringue drop cookies.
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1. Combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, dates, pecans and coconut. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Add salt, cream of tartar and flavorings. Beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff but not dry. Fold in cereal mixture. Drop by level tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray or parchment paper lined.
3. Bake at 325° F about 15 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Remove from baking sheets and store in airtight container.
Yield: 3 dozen (36) cookies