Frosted Meat Loaf
A layer of mashed potatoes covers this meat loaf, turning it into a hearty one dish meal.
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs
- 2 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 4 cups seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
1. In large mixing bowl, combine the 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal with next nine ingredients and mix thoroughly. Press lightly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 350° about 1 hour.
3. Unmold loaf and place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray or ovenproof platter. Spread mashed potatoes over top and sides of loaf.
4. Combine the remaining 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal with melted margarine. Sprinkle evenly over mashed potatoes.
5. Return to oven and bake about 20 minutes longer or until lightly browned and meat is no longer pink (160 degrees F).