Meat 'N Tater Pie
A succulent meat loaf forms the crust around savory, mashed potatoes in this main dish pie.
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups seasoned stiff mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped American cheese
1. In large mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup of Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal, salt, pepper, mustard and milk. Beat well. Add ground beef. Mix until combined. Gently press mixture evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pie pan to form crust.
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add potatoes, onion and parsley flakes. Mix until combined. Spread potato mixture evenly in meat shell. Place pie on baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until done (160 degrees F). While pie is baking, combine remaining crumbs with margarine. Set aside.
4. Remove pie from oven. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and top with crumbs mixture. Bake about 10 minutes longer or until cheese starts to melt. Serve hot sprinkled with paprika.
Meat 'N Tater Pie may also be made in 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Spread potato mixture over meat mixture. Bake as directed above in step 3 and 4 above.