Poppy Seed Cookies
Lemon and poppy seed butter cookies have been a time-honored classic since the 1930s. Our version adds Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal to the traditional recipe, adding a crunch to the classic recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
1. Stir together flour, salt and poppy seeds. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat butter, sugar, egg yolks, lemon peel and vanilla until well combined. Add flour mixture, mixing well. Portion and shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal. Place on ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
3. Bake at 375°F about 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets and cool or wire racks. Store in airtight container.