Bits of sweet prunes, also known as dried plums, mingle with walnuts in these mouth-watering muffins.
- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted prunes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Combine the 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal, the 2 tablespoons sugar, the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and margarine. Set aside for topping.
2. Stir together flour, salt, baking powder and the 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine the 2 cups cereal, the 1/3 cup sugar and milk. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Stir in prunes and walnuts. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with cereal topping.
4. Bake at 400°F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 muffins