Raspberry Yogurt Pie
Definitely a pie with lots of allure--a double dose of raspberry in this frozen pie makes your taste buds tingle with delight.
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons firm packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- 1 quart low-fat frozen yogurt
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen raspberries in heavy syrup,
- thawed and drained, reserving syrup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
1. In 2-quart saucepan, combine corn syrup, sugar and margarine. Cook over low heat until mixture boils, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal, stirring until well coated. Press evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pan coated with cooking spray, to form crust. Freeze until firm.
2. Allow yogurt to soften slightly. Spoon into frozen pie crust, spreading evenly. Freeze until firm. Serve with raspberry sauce.
3. To make Raspberry Sauce, combine raspberry syrup and cornstarch in small saucepan. Add jelly. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until jelly melts and mixture thickens. Stir in raspberries. Refrigerate until cool.