Special Occasion Cut-Outs
Use this recipe for buttery, crisp, cut-out cookies for any special occasion--holidays, birthdays, baby showers, etc.
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Icings, jellies or candies (optional)
1. Stir together Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and milk. Beat well. Add crumbs mixture, mixing until combined. Chill several hours.
3. Roll chilled dough on lightly floured surface to about 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutters. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake at 350°F about 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks. Decorate with icings, jellies or candies, if desired. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 7 dozen (84) cut-outs