The surprise inside of these moist, tender muffins is just a bit of your favorite jam or jelly.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup preserves or jam
- Cream cheese, softened (optional)
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal and milk. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
4. Make a deep indentation in top of batter of each muffin. Fill each with level teaspoon of preserves.
5. Bake at 400° F about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with soft cream cheese.
Yield: 12 muffins